Minimize the financial impact of a serious illness
No one plans to get seriously ill. But you can plan ahead for unexpected expenses in case you do get sick. Express Critical Illness Insurance has 3 plans that offer coverage for 1 to 7 common life-threatening illnesses or conditions. If you're diagnosed with one of the covered conditions and survive 30 days you will receive a tax-free1, lump-sum2 payment3 to use any way you wish.
You should consider this product if:
- You feel that either $25,000 or $50,000 coverage is sufficient protection
- You want instant online approval – with no medical exam or blood work required
- You like the idea of a 30-day free look to make sure this coverage is right for you
- 18 – 65 years old when you buy the policy
More about all of these plans:
- Monthly pre-authorized chequing or credit card
- As soon as you're approved
Coverage ends when any of these happens:
- A claim is paid
- The policy is cancelled
- The policy anniversary after the insured's 70th birthday
- The insured person dies
30-day free look
If you look over your new policy and decide it doesn’t meet your requirements, you can cancel it with no obligation within 30 days of issue, and we will refund your money.
Before you enrol, make sure you read the sample policy and understand the Definitions & Exclusions including the exclusion for pre-existing conditions. When you enrol, we will ask you to answer the health declaration statements.
Cost of this plan
Rates are based on age, gender and smoking status, and increase with age annually as you get older.